Re: Schrade's "Logic"

Well, I think he ment that the people of today (Limp Biz, KoRn, etc)
jumping on the "punk" bandwagon twenty years later after the first punk
movement is really not punk... In some ways I can agree with him, but
that's just my opinion because alot of people really like Limp Bizkit
and KoRn and the other "punk" bands of today. I'm not much for ANY
modern music except Aphrodite and Nirvana. But I do agree with Schrade
though because it's all gotten too elaborate in modern day's music to be
considered punk. Its no longer the rebellionistic 3 chord power grundge
in little dirt-bag clubs like CBGBs and so on.
    Also there's the matter of originality. The Pistols never claimed
that they were orriginal, in fact Johnny Rotten would say "Do you feel
like we're ripping you off, yet?". It is, in my opinion, the way the new
bands carry themselves like it hasn't been done before, in which it has,
many times over.

I could go on forever, but I'll shut up now before any more people get
pissed at me:-)

~~Alex!~

-- BEGIN included message

IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN  a.MAKE ANY SENSE OF SCHRADE'S RESPONSE,
b.SPLAIN IT TO THE REST OF US?

                                                          In a message dated
1/13/01 9:58:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<< Subject: "But punk didn't really change anything, did it?"

 > Schrade couldn't be more off on this. Punk has had an enormous impact on
 > Rock/Pop music and Pop culture -- good and bad. To name a few - The
 > Replacements, G&R, Limp Biz., Nirvana, M. Manson, all over commercials
(just
 > like our heroes), Rage, Rancid, Speed-Metal, Hairstyles Clothes Piercings
in
 > EVERY school in the country, and on.......... More to the point, try
naming
 > (aside from Clem Burke) musicians who sound like they ever even heard Moon
or
 > the Ox? I wish it were otherwise, but that's reality.
 > SP

 However, jumping on a pseudo-punk-rock bandwagon 20 years after the
 fact isn't really 'punk,' is it?  Nothing's changed.  You got fooled again.

 - - SCHRADE in Akron

-- END included message