Caught Napstering; The Ramones of the day

> Any comments on this?

LB:

Indeed I do have some.

>If everything I do is immediately used by others for their own
> collateral will there be an inevitable fall in quality in what I do?

Will there even be a reason for doing anything? Or, if just for your own
satisfaction, then anything more complicated than an acoustic guitar piece?
While that can be incredible, I would also like to think we might be graced
with a more complicated musical piece in the future too...and SOMEONE has to
pay for this.

> 50 years. Artists cannot control over-exposure of their image. They can
> only run with publicity and hope for the best.

Publicity is one thing; getting paid for their efforts is quite another.

> catching up on mail.But there are two large female Who
> groups.One is the Moonie Obsessors,but the biggest is
> the Glow Girls!

Jess:

Is this some sort of roundabout request for dieting tips?

> ONLY for women to talk about the sex appeal and studliness of the members.

Drew:

That is so totally pathetic I wish I was still unaware of it. Hope for the
younger generation? Not if this is what they're talking about! I was happy
to find that female Who fans exist, because they didn't when I was single,
but to find they are no more interested in the band than Monkees
fans...that's pretty depressing, really.

> not.  I gather that it's unusual for Grammy recipients to be asked to
play,

Keets:

All I can say is a Grammy is worth exactly what it was worth when Michael
Jackson won one for Rock artist of the year. No matter who is getting one
and for what.

> Man, poor Stu is having a hell of a time getting posts through.  He stayed
> up late the other night to construct a long post on the Who vs. Rush, and
> notice it didn't get through.  He's also getting the digest delivered 3x.
> He's bummin'.

Kevin:

Well, in the future perhaps he should compose the long ones on Word (or
whatever he has) so it's not lost completely if the mail fails, and in the
meantime contact me privately about the problems and maybe we can solve
them.

> That's always been my "impression".  What I don't get, is how someone like
> me, who was into The DK, Government Issue, The Pistols, Suicidal
Tendencies,
> B52's, Devo, and the entire local Punk movement, missed the Ramones until
> the mid 80's ????  Who's wine, what wine, where the hell did I dine?

As for me, I heard the Ramones right off the bat and didn't like their
anti-intellectual stance (so it seemed). It was the opposite of The Who,
sort of. And there are plenty enough dumb bands out there (why does Steve
Miller suddenly spring to mind?) already. It was the Pistols who made me a
Punk fan. Then The Clash, and the band who sealed my fate: The Jam. As
usual, with me, it took the British version.
I have Ramonesmania, feeling it's all the Ramones I'll ever need...but I
have ALL of the music by the others I've mentioned here.

             "The person who runs FEMA is someone who must have the trust
                 of the president. Because the person who runs FEMA is
                      the first voice, often times, of someone whose life
has been
                             turned upside down hears from."
                                       George "I know what I mean" Bush