Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #10

In a message dated 1/10/01 2:43:37 PM, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

<< Now, a question.  Was I the only one who let out a big sigh of relief that
The Who decided to decline the offer to *perform* at the Grammy's ??????
The Grammy's don't fucking deserve to hear The Who live !!!!!
They wouldn't understand!
Plus, I simply cringe at the thought of The Who getting placed next to
Brittney, or Nsynch or any of those bubble gum "groups" for some plastic
photo shoot.
no, No, NOOOOO !!!!!!! >>

I have mixed emotions on this topic because a good friend of mine saw U2 on
SNL and said they were awesome.   During the time he was telling me how great
they were on the show,  I was thinking how I wish The Who would make an
appearance.  I think it would be a way for the  band to  show  the world,
especially the youth, that they are truly the greatest rock band around today!
Deni