RE: The Ramones

Just
>because YOU didn't hear of the Ramones prior to the mid-80s, doesn't mean
>that they didn't exist before then.
>
>You ought to read the liner notes to their 2 CD Anthology, "Hey Ho Let's
>Go!"
>
>I am not a fanatical Ramones fan.  I am a Who freak.  But I am also a lover

>of classic rock music, and a big admirer of the Ramones.
>
>Always be careful of what you say (and read).
>
>Larry

Gee, thanks Larry.  How nice of you.
I haven't been "tongue-in-my-cheek" about this at all.
I've simply been expressing my experiences.
That's called honesty.
My opinion is just that.
And, I'm never too big for myself to receive an education, or to be proven
wrong.
Perhaps you are on "digest", as I am.  If so, then you haven't received
today's post from me that asks how I could be so involved in Punk, and have
missed the Ramones in the early stages.
I'm asking that honestly, 'cause I'm perplexed by it.
Most on the list know that I'm honest.
I really (and honestly) didn't get exposed to the Ramones until the mid
80's.
Sue me.  Maybe, that just means that my circle were just too involved with
the harder Punk.
Who knows.  That's why I asked.

Some advise to you....
Never be afraid to post on the list.  Stand up and be counted.
I'd actually prefer it.  That way, others can respond to your assertions as
well.
I'm never afraid to defend myself publicly, where I'd rather this sort of
thing remain.
Are you?

BTW, this message to me is pretty insulting.
Not just to me, but to the others on this list that perhaps aren't part of
your perceived "universal recognition".  Also, I love rock music, so how do
I (and others) fit into your quote "by all who love rock music and know
anything at all about the history and development of classic rock".
That's a pretty broad stroking statement, and clearly a slap.
And, you don't know the first thing about me personally, so don't make
claims as to when I was exposed to rock.  Pretty arrogant, if you ask me.
If you can show me where I wrote that The Ramones didn't exist before I
heard them, I'll apologize profusely.  You can't, 'cause I didn't.

You, my good friend, should be careful what *you* say.
And, you're the one who should be embarrassed.
Being wrong, or uninformed is never a reason for embarrassment.

Kevin in VT
(hanging Larry the private dancer out to dry, and going home to kick the
dog)