Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V8 #8

All this comparing Keith to other drummers ......
 I consider Keith in a class by himself. Who am I to talk - I am not a
drummer, but how can you compare him? It's not like Keith seemed to work on
his God-given talent. Seems to me that's what it was. Seems like other
drummers took what they were doing more seriously & professionally. Do you
think Keith did? or was going too?
Wont even compare The Who to anyone. I just cant do it. The Who have
influenced so many bands but I cant compare them to anyone or even that 70s
whatever you guys are calling it scene. I was 14 in 79' & definitely bored by
the way R&R was going & there was disco too. A confused kid. Even "Who are
you" had let me down in some areas. I liked it when Pete said The Music Must
Change. Thank God for punk & bands like the Ramones. Styx was making me
cringe. Still does. It all just got boring & now it's in my face on
commercials. Songs I heard over & over again. Its subtle - I heard Peter
Framptons "Show me the Way" on a commercial yesterday.
80s got wimpy - but I loved The Smiths. Did anyone else?
Has anyone seen The Sex Pistols Documentary that came out around April of
last year? "The Filth & the Fury?"
A must see! ! !

Yes PelllegrinoLand - I gotta agree
I don't understand why "niceness" has to be enforced on any list, especially
a Who list.
To quote PT, we're talking about The Fucking Who! Let's grow up.

wanchef@aol.com