Re: Pete/John

>Also there's that bit of footage on 30 YEARS OF MAX R&B which shows
>the band (with Kenny) rehearsing "Sister Disco" & Who Are You."  Poor
>Rabbit takes some criticism from Pete concerning his backing vocals on "Who
>Are You."  Also, Daltrey, like any garage-band singer at practice, faces
>the other members rather than going through a schtick of pretending the
>audience is really out there.
>
>But who controlled a WHO practice?  In the early days, was it Roger?  Was
>it Lambert & Stamp?  Or did the "Power of Pete" take over, even in those
>sit-uations?

The one I think of right off is "Barbara Ann" off TKAA.  It's not quite the
usual Who number, of course, as Moon is singing lead, but it's an
interesting exercise in attempted discipline.  I'll bet most rehearsals went
about like that.

Pete and Moon are in control and John is his usual quiet self.  Roger is
managing to stick with the program until Pete starts with the guitar solo,
and then he's drowning everybody else out.  I don't think Roger attempts to
control things personality wise, but his voice does seem to drive the style
and volume.

keets