Re: Pete/John

> > "A Quick One" just sounds like John to me.  The twist to make it into a
>sexual adventure is pure Pete, of course.
>
>Surely Pete would've given John co-writing credit, yes?

In the normal scheme of things, yes.  But I'm under the impression that much
of the music was collaborative back then, and all the songs are still
credited to Pete.  Maybe that was only because he was the designated
songwriter and management thought his name would sell the songs.  John has
said he put out the first solo album of the group because of his lack of
opportunity within The Who.

keets