Re: The Who & RUSH

Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2001 09:59:28 +0100
From: Toby Alexander Elwin <taelwin@bigfoot.com>
Subject: Mime-Version: 1.0

I beg of you to stop this thread. The Who and Rush could not be from to
different sides of spectrum than Bananarama and The Who.

      <<I THINK THAT'S A LITTLE MUCH!! FOR THE RECORD, GEDDY AND NEIL ALWAYS
SAY THAT JOHN AND KEITH WERE THEIR BIGGEST INFLUENCES. RECENTLY, GEDDY SAID
THAT IF RUSH EVER DO A COVER TUNE, IT WOULD BE A WHO SONG FIRST AND FOREMOST>>

Musically Rush are plastic techno players with no feeling from the art rock
school;  << I GUESS YOU HAVEN'T HEARD ANY RUSH STUFF FROM THE PAST 20 YEARS!
THEIR "ART ROCK" PHASE ENDED IN THE EARLY 80'S>>

Neil Peart's lyrics come from the Dungeons and Dragon's Heroes Guide to
schlock; << AGAIN, TRY LISTENING TO SOMETHING FROM 1985's POWER WINDOWS TO
THE PRESENT (1996's TEST FOR ECHO) HIS LYRICS ARE MUCH MORE PERSONAL NOW>>

We know what The Who do musically, lyrically, and powerfully.  There is
nothing worse than a Rush concert with a stadium of single white men
mimicking Neil Peart's plastic, drum-style fills.

<<TOO BAD RUSH HASN'T PLAYED A STADIUM TOUR IN DECADES!! AND
WHEN THEY TOUR, IT'S TO SUPPORT A NEW ALBUM, NOT JUST THE GREATEST HITS! THE
WHO IS MY NUMBER 1 BAND, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR SOMETHING NEW ONCE IN
AWHILE! EVEN A PT, RD, OR JAE SOLO EFFORT WOULD SUFFICE. ALSO, ON THE WHO'S
NEXT DVD, ROGER SAID THAT THE WHO WERE ALWAYS A GUY'S BAND. HE'D JUST THINK
THAT THE WOMEN WERE ALL IN THE BACK.>>

Stop it, stop it now.  I almost want to retrace those political threads
again.

<<OK, I'M DONE, BUT THE BOTTOM LINE IS THIS....I RESPECT YOUR OPINION,
AND EVERYONE ELSE'S, BUT MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU
TRASH ANOTHER ARTIST>>

   KEITH