MSG ticket sales

Thanks again Brian for all the numbers.
re this exchange:  ">#21 - The Who
>Also according to Pollstar, the four Madison Square Garden shows (top price
$253) filled 93% of the seats for a gross total of $4,080,814."

keets:  "Didn't the MSG review say attendance was "sparse?"  Hmmm.
Certainly doesn't meet my definition of the word.  Even if it was bad for
only one night, it would have been hard to make that 93 percent."

You were there one night, right keets?

I think the 93% number doesn't tell the whole story.  They did not seat
anyone behind the stage.  Those seats were for sale prior to JP&BC
cancelling.  On the night I was there (10/4), there were no empty seats on
the floor, but I would say the off-floor seats were somewhere around 70-80%
full.  So I guess that would probably work out to around 93% of capacity.

There were also reports that the box office was selling good seats at well
below the face value on show night.  Can anyone confirm or deny that.

Point is:  there was more money to be made had JP stayed healthy.

Jeff