Re: Headline: WHO DON'T EXIST FOR SOME!

At 20:34 1-1-01 -0500, Schrade wrote:
>I was making a bank run for my job a few days ago and when I
>walked up to the teller she asked, "Why do you have 'The WHO'
>written on your coat?"  Quickly, I responded, "That's a silly ques-
>tion, they're a great rock band."  She replied, "I didn't even know
>they were still in existence."
>
>Uh, uh, uh.....I then mumbled something about the last tour but she
>didn't seem impressed or even interested.  She was probably in her
>40's.

And she's focking stoooopid! ;-)

>I thought to myself, "Man, I barely *stopped* thinking about The WHO
>in 2000 yet here's a lady who wasn't touched at all!"  Kinda surprised
>me at first but the more I thought about it, everything made sense &
>nothing had changed.

Same here. Seems majority in The Netherlands haven't ever heard of The Who
(and some vaguely, and most know Roger Daltrey better then The Who).

Who music isn't played in bars, clubs or on the radio. But what *is* nice
is that a lot of (amateur) bands do a lot of WHO stuff... And those bands
consist out of 40-ish guys who probably where fans at the time and know
Tommy by heart.

Still I don't understand... How such a great band doesn't have a real
legacy like the Stones or the Beatles out here... That's a shame... Like
people will remember the Stones 50 years from now, but not The Who... :-(
BUT I FUCKING WILL!!!

Cheers,

Bjørn Ciggaar
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar

"Is that your natural hair colour???"
- John Entwistle after seeing my hair (7th of October)