Genius

>I don't get it.

Kevin:

Me either. Lately I had a Who fan privately call him a "driving genius." I
guess that means the word "genius" has no meaning anymore. Pete is a genius
by my standard, Moon was a "natural genius" at performance but not
otherwise. Earnhart wasn't a genius by any measure; he didn't even wear his
seatbelt. He drove, I drive, you drive...big deal.

>"Man, he went out the way drivurs are suppozed to go out.  He's goin' to
>heven' at a hundred and eighty miles an hour".

Another non-genius.

>My point exactly.  Now, let's watch while his son seeks the same fate.

Did you have any idea how close to the truth your words would be???

>Hmmmm, thought I read somewhere that Keith was close to getting "the boot".

He was. Roger might say it was just for WAY, as Keets posted, but I don't
buy it because they'd already finished WAY and had no plans to tour. If they
were to make another album or tour, they'd have gotten another
drummer...come to think about it, that's just what they did!

>If he hadn't died, he would have gotten back into drumming shape, and The
>Who would have gone on to be more successful then they are.

I'd like to think this too. But at this point, he'd be hard pressed to play
in his own powerful manner.

>point Brian suggests, where another drummer takes over most of the load and
>Keith is just along for the ride.

Drawing yet another Who/Beach Boy similarity.

>The Edge wore a jersey with Earnhardt's #3 on it at the Grammys.

Jeff:

I just lost the little respect I had left for U2.

"You teach a child to read, and he or her
      will be able to pass a literacy test.''
           George "but I can't" Bush

               Cheers                 ML