RE: #3 and Keith

>Hmmmm, thought I read somewhere that Keith was close to getting "the boot".

Roger insists it was just for the WHO ARE YOU recording sessions, meaning
they were thinking they'd have to get a substitute drummer in (as they had
before) because Moon was so erratic.  There was also a rumor they weren't
sure he could make it through a tour, so things were already getting to the
point Brian suggests, where another drummer takes over most of the load and
Keith is just along for the ride.

>I'm of the school of thought that Keith (or any substance abuser) could
>have gotten himself dried out and back on track.  It would have been one or
>the other.  I mean, death or sobriety.  I can't imagine Keith hanging on.
>If he continued to drink and drug, he would have gone all the way to an
>untimely death. If he hadn't died, he would have gotten back into drumming
>shape, and The Who would have gone on to be more successful then they are.

If he were actually to go clean and sober, would it have changed his
drumming style?  I'm thinking his drumming and his impulsive drinking and
drugging were all an expression of his personality.

keets