No Subject

Funny since there's been recent discussion about Who related material at
work, I thought I would share this.

I work at the Air Force Academy as an outside IT consultant, and I add
quotes to my email signature.  Of course my "quote" is 99 times out of 100,
a Pete lyric.  For example, one of the recent quotes I had attached to
emails was - "The simple things you see are all complicated..."  Usually, I
get positive responses from people reading emails from me.  HOWEVER...

Today, I was talking to my corporate headquarters and my boss gave me a word
of "advice" instructing me to remove the quotes from my emails.  Apparently,
some pencil pusher at corporate got a forewarded email from me and took
offense to my latest "quote".  The offending quote was taken from Won't Get
Fooled Again.  I had it as written -

"There's nothing in the streets that looks any different to me.  And the
slogans are replaced by the by.  And the parting on the left is now a
parting on the right and the beards of all grow longer overnight...  I get
on my knees and pray we won't get fooled again."

I was told that it was inappropriate to have RADICAL salutations in my
emails.  Can you believe that?  Maybe I ought to lay off the 2 Live Crew
lyrics I was saving, huh?  Oh well, just when you thought corporate America
was getting a little more open minded...  Thought you might enjoy that.  Be
well and good.

Jim in Colo Springs

"We're a crappy old group really; but we know how to have fun."  PT