Who 2K foolishness

I have two stupid acts to share.  One for each show I attended.

I bought a pair of tickets for the Boston show that were at the very back
of the shed.  I was going to take my good friend and next door neighbor
to his 1st Who show and some primo male bonding.  As the show dated
neared, I secretly lusted for a better seat.  I guess I wanted to bond
with TED more than I wanted to bond with said buddy, because when a
single became available in row 20 I snatched it.  I then had to tell my
neighbor (with some embarassment) that he would have to find his own date
:-)  It turned out OK, because he (and his date) had a great time.

The pulled my 2nd stupid act of the tour en route to the train station
for an MSG show.  I went alone, and had this whole self-indulgent
nostalgic cool-guy fantasy about how this trip would play out.  I popped
my newly burned PT MP3 CD in the stereo and fired up a joint for the
morning 40 mile drive to the train station (the show was that night).  At
my current age and lifestyle, this type of behavior is not normal for me.
 It was normal 15 years ago.  I was clearly aiming to relive something
that happened in the early to mid 80s.

Anyway, I took a few hits on the bone and wasn't feeling anything.  A few
more really deep drags and it still didn't have the desired effect.  The
next thing I knew, I'm trashed.  I am sitting in a typical Boston rush
hour traffic jam, and I'm noticing that people are looking at me.  There
are cops on this road, I just know it.  This damn manual transmission is
getting hard to operate.  I can't remember the exit number I am watching
for.  That music sure sounds good :-)

I experienced about an hour of serious paranoia followed by a very
pleasant train ride and an even better Who experience that night.  All's
well that ends well.

I am disappointed that no one else's recollections sound as stupid as
mine.

Jeff