Shepperton Studios

ok,only slightly related to the who but anyway:

Two of Europe's biggest film studios are set to merge after Pinewood Studios
announced this week that its all set to buy its rival Shepperton Studios.
The former is best known as the home of James Bond, including a purpose
built soundstage created around a Ken Adam set for The Spy Who Loved Me, but
the majority of pictures shot there already come from Hollywood. The latter
also has had many films shot there, such as Shakespeare in Love, but once
again most of its work comes from American films.

The Buckinghamshire based Pinewood Studios is currently headed by Michael
Grade whilst the West London based Shepperton Studios is currently owned by
a consortium which includes Ridley and Tony Scott and private equity group
Candover.

The new joint company has been valued at over £100,000,000, and will be lead
by former Channel 4 chief Michael Grade. Now featuring the same number of
stages as its rivals over in Hollywood, it is hoped that this new larger
company can attract more of the higher budget productions. Grade says, "The
two studios have been competing for years against each other. In an
increasingly global market, this makes no sense. Together, we can enhance
Britain's share of the international movie making business."

Both studios will retain their current trading names, the only difference
will be a new common management. The Scott brothers will also still remain
as active shareholders in the new outfit, keeping their positions as
co-chairmen. Ridley says that, "this country is a great place to make
movies. This consolidation of our leading film assets is long overdue. Tony
and I are committed to the growth and continued success of these historic
studios."