Re: Smell-ton

>>But then Pete could retire gracefully to write Broadway musicals for
>>Disney like Elton John.  He does have a few options. >>

>Gracefully?!?!?!? Elton hasn't done anything worthwile since Rock Of The
>Westies in 1975!!!!!!!!!! And his Broadway-Disney-Movie garbage is to music
>what Little Debbies is to pastry. You probably think "I Believe My Own
>Eyes" is the best track Pete ever wrote! Shame, shame, shame, and shame
>again.

>I must stand up for Disney again.
>The music for "The Lion King" is some of the best children's music
>recorded.  Its not my cup of tea (I am an adult), but it works very well
>for its intended audience.  It beats the hell out of "Iron Man" - IMHO.

Uh-oh.  I've started something now!  ;)

Well, okay, I did suspect that would get a rise out of somebody.  The point
is, Pete didn't have to go out on tour with The Who.  He's interested in
Broadway these days, and he could easily have been pursuing that option
instead.  I didn't see any sign that he went out with them because he feels
his time is running out.  Roger said that, but not Pete.

I'll refrain from comment on Elton John, too--um, other than the something
of an implied slight above.  He has adapted to the current music scene very
well, but it has been a long time since I bought one of his albums.

keets