Re: What if...?

> And, of course, *I* quite liked it.

Why?!  All it showed me was that Pete is really, big-time hung up on
Roger.  Face it, EnglishLad, throughout the whole history of The Who
there's been this complex, underlying tension, interplay, relationship,
battle going on between Pete & Roger.

It's fueled brilliance, my friend.  Wonderful Art.

We're better off because of it.

And you....you slag Roger off.  But why?!!!

Why do some hate Roger?!!!

Why does my good friend John say Roger is "definitely my least-fav-
orite member of The Who?!"

Why, oh why, did it take my friend Jeff a live "Daltrey Sings Town-
shend" show to convince him of the power that Daltrey wields.  (Was
that '94?  We jogged in unison with Roger during WAY, 6th row, &
he stared at us, directly in the eye for about one whole super-Daltrey-
hot-goddamned-that-mother-fucker's-lookin'-right-at-us minute.  And
you, EnglishGent, make Daltrey out to be some powerless dolt.  Shame!)

I think about your anti-Daltey stance, EnglishBoy.  I really do.  I think
about it when I'm driving around in my car.  Like you, I think a lot about
The Who.

I know, you've got your big "Daltrey's a buffoon" ideology & God bless
you for your opinion.

I had a friend, (a girl, mind you) say to me, "Yeah, The Who are good.
I've always liked that Pete Townshend.....but that Roger Daltrey.....I don't
know....."

Daltrey, like Pete, is not perfect.  But why are Daltrey's strengths so un-
apparent to some people.

Maybe y'all should start a club or something.

- SCHRADE in Akron