Re: some minor scoop on 2002 tour

>Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2001 23:57:23 EST
>From: Sroundtable@aol.com
>
>A friend of mine in Tampa said a radio station there is saying that the Who
>will play Raymond James Stadium.  Thought it was odd they would play a 75000
>seat football stadium.  i thought they stopped doin that in the early 80s.

Not at all...the '89 tour was almost 100% stadiums (stadia, I know) for the
US shows, which ended in September...that's about as late in the '80s as
you can get.  Plus, there was never any announcement that I recall that
they would never play stadiums again.  Plus, even if they (read: Pete)
announced they wouldn't play them anymore that doesn't necessarily hold
true for the long term.  The one thing The Who does is change.  If your
scoop is correct, plus ga change...

I'll be curious as to how sales will go.  I feel confident that they'll
have to drop prices considerably from Ian's feared $150 to sell out 75,000
seats.

Cheers and happy holidays to all,

Alan

"Never never hesitate, communicate, communicate..." --Pete Townshend