Re: some minor scoop on 2002 tour

Kevin,

It certainly does sound odd because I don't think they sold out when they played
in Tampa last year in a small arena. In addition, in '89, I saw them in Tampa
when they performed Tommy and they were nowhere close to selling out the old
Tampa stadium. There were scalpers everywhere with loads of tix trying to unload
them. They couldn't sell tix for $5, because everyone had them (thinking they
were gonna score by scalping the extras). After buying a pair of tix, from the
first guy I saw, as I got closer to the venue, I realized everybody had tix for
sale. Luckily, I was able to upgrade to the 3rd row, Pete's side, rather easily
and six tix later. LOL! With a handful of my own extra tix, I couldn't sell any
of them and eventually gave them away.

It was one of the worse venues I've ever seen them in. Apparently, years before
when Led Zep played there, there was a riot and ever since, the security is the
most uptight bunch there is. When you got up to sing & dance at the show, they
told you to sit down! :-(

I would venture to guess, they misstated the venue and are probably playing the
Ice Palace (is that the place they played last year?)

Btw, Merry Christmas to all listers and with the surprising news of a tour next
year, we'll certainly have a Happy New WHO Year. Hope to see you at the shows

magik