Re: thoughts on Pete's recent post

From: John Hughes <john@pureneasy.fsnet.co.uk>
"I think Jason you've fallen foul of what's known over here as taking the
piss. I read it as I am sure it was written, fondly mocking comments."

This type of exchange is not unknown in the US.  We call it giving a person
shit.  It is a form of male bonding.  The underlying emotion is affection.
Since homophobic males are not comfortable with displaying their adoration
for each other in a straightforward way, they use insults to display
friendship.  Good friends enjoy insulting each other.

I think it is a great sign of Pete's comfort with Roger that he is jabbing
him in this way.  It is going to be a dandy Who 2002 :-)

Jeff