RE : CFNY BOR

On  Mon, 17 Dec 2001 magik <magik1@optonline.net> wrote:
> I suddenly, for the first time, saw a bit of jealousy coming out of Pete.
It seemed to me that Pete wants and needs all the
attention, almost all the time! And hates when someone is cheering Roger
over
himself. Hard to believe, but I felt it many times. Still hard to believe
and
unfortunate to be so talented and still in need of acceptance.<

As long as you have been a WHO fan and that is the first time you saw that?
Dude, you ARE kidding, I hope!!  It's been that way forever!  Recall Pete's
quote : The happiest day of my life was when Roger Daltrey asked me to be in
his band.  I have hated him ever since.

ANYONE who is watching can see that PT is one of if not THE most insecure
person ever to grace live Rock & Roll....

> Too much, kinda like a roller coaster ride.<

No wonder I am hooked.

>I had realized at the prior show in NJ, that if you want to get Pete's
attention, while you're playing your air guitar, he won't look at you
directly. But if you mimic Roger, singing into an air mic, while looking at
him, Pete will start watching you. Then if you pay too much attention to
Roger, he starts getting mad. <

In one of the most ironic moments ever preserved for posterity in my WHO
history, a photograph on Pete's site shows the front row of a concert and
everyone in the photo is looking at Pete.  Everyone but me, that is.  I am
looking at Roger.  :O)

>Anyway, as each show passed, I truly started to realize that Roger has to
put
up with this all the time<

The most recent proof that this is happening at an extremely accelerated
rate is the RAH DVD.  The rolling of the eyes when Roger plays the harp on
Magic Bus....the smirking at the end of the Kids Are Alright, middle finger
right up into the camera practically (don't know if the finger was
intentional, but I am sure if he is seen it he burst out laughing at the
perfection of it)...

> and even though that's going on, he is a phenomenal performer, with
unmatched passion and power, and has such a unique voice, that he is just as
important to the Who as each other member. After all, he is the greatest
interpreter of Pete's music there is. Again, imho.<

It does take a big man to disregard (if not flat out ignore) this behaviour,
especially from someone whom he obviously loves and respects very much.
Perhaps he undestands Pete in a way that no one else in this world can.
Good for him.

jacqueline