RE: 33 YEARS AGO

Just thought I'd post that it was 33 years ago this month, last week and
this week, that I saw the greatest rock n' roll band in the world, THE WHO,
for the first two times - once at a club in Brentwood, Essex called Bubbles
where I was baptised with their brilliance and then at their Xmas party @
The Marquee in LOndon 3 days later where their orginality and brillance was
confirmed and I've loved them, and seen them many, many times, ever since.
Who'd have thought that all these years later I'd still be as fanataical
about them as I was within the first year of seeing them?  Also, who'd have
thought that there'd be this great "community" full of like minded people.
BUT, what a fucking funny bunch we are...........moaning about remix
engineers and producers / moaning about the lack of new material / moaning
about Daltrey (personally I think "an englishboy should take a long walk off
a short pier) / moaning about this, that and the ohter.  It begs the
question(s) "why do you like THE WHO?"  Also, can anyone name any performer
that has managed throughout their career to maintain a standard of quality
equal to the pinnacle point that they'd have achieved at sometime in their
career?  Personally, I don't The Beatles, Mozart, The Who, The Stones,
Nirvana, The Dead, Springsteen, Sinatra, Bach, The Clash etc, etc or any of
them have ever maintained a standard level of magnificent quality with each
and every song or composition that they've composed.  BUT, they all do have
a pretty damn good mean average and it's that small element of hope that
inspires me to think that Townshend, Daltrey and Entwistle (plus the "other"
musicians) may pull something out of the bag that'll really thrill us all.
And, if they don't then we'll still have those moments that we each
individually cherish where we think, and believe, that NO ONE can be better
than the WHO when they're firing on all cylinders............... as they
themselves say "Long Live Rock".

Nige