Re: Clapton claptrap; AEB's list

> That's funny!

Jon:

I see storm clouds forming on the horizon...

> Daltrey has been having an unbroken run of bad nights
> for 26 + years.
>
> Daltrey's harmonica playing, at its best, is barely tolerable.
>
> Daltrey has not been confident since 1976.
>
> Watch him, Daltrey is constantly looking about the other members
> of TheWho-> for approval, to see if he is "where he's suppused to
> be, " asking, "am I doing OK?," with a perpetual look of "I know
> I'm  really out of  my league here!" on his face.
>
> Daltrey no longer has confidence, power, or control.

AEB:

What is this, your list of things that can't possibly be true in this
universe? If so, good job. You got every single one backwards!

> That's like saying George Harrison went to the doctor because he'd got
> these stabbing pains in his neck!

John:

Harrison smoked three packs a day until he was 50. I'm sorry he's gone but
it's hard to work up any real sympathy. Clapton's son, on the other hand,
was a child who had a very unfortunate accident of the sort which could
happen to yours or mine if we were that cursed.
I'm not particularly offended by the jokes, but I can certainly see why
others are. Especially Jeff, who is not only a Clapton fan but has a young
daughter (and a future Rock guitarist on the way).

"He's so evil that he's willing to send young men
    to commit suicide while he hides in caves."
       George "Where's Dick Cheney?" Bush

               Cheers                 ML