Google Usenet archive extended back to 1981, The Who mentioned

<http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20011212/wr/tech_internet_usenet_dc_1.html>

    "In reintroducing the archive, Google calls it ``the most complete
    collection of UseNet articles ever assembled and a fascinating
    first-hand historical account.''

    One contributor on Wednesday took up the challenge, discovering what
    may be the first UseNet reference to British rock band The Who. ``And
    after discovering that little gem, I'm off to get a life,'' the user
    wrote."

My earliest post on usenet that is archived there is 26 Mar 1987, back
when I still lived in Delaware ;-)
--
Direct3D Book <http://www.xmission.com/~legalize/book/>
    Don't Support Spammers!  Boycott Fractal Painter 7!