Re: Mastering and slavery

> I wonder how much experience that the writer / poster has of producing
> bands.  As I've said before I'm bloody grateful that someone is actually
> working on remastering / rediscovering tracks by the greatest rock n roll

Nigel:

It's a funny thing, I was listening to Clapton's CD Just One Night the other
evening and I noticed that Jon Astley engineered and mastered it. Nothing
wrong with the sound on that one.

> If, as rumour has it, there's an album (or two) of magical and majestic
> unreleased LIVE WHO  material lying around somewhere in the basement of

HA! HA, and again I say HA! I have five CDs of it myself, all from fairly
available bootlegs, and at that it has almost no 1971 material (and I feel
the lack, believe me). So they MUST have more than this (not to quote Bryan
Ferry or anything), surely! They recorded the entire Tommy and `71 tours, I
know, and there's no reason to believe that every show from then on wasn't
recorded as well. They could easily put out a multi disc set, or two.

"He's so evil that he's willing to send young men
    to commit suicide while he hides in caves."
                    George "Uh, where's Dick Cheney?" Bush

               Cheers                 ML