Re: Pepsi, Frankie and Elvis

> And yes, apparently Isacc Asimov was no Who fan.  More of a Donovan fan by
> his quote methinks.

Jim:

"Happiness runs..."

> lo-and-behold, a certain Mr. Daltrey pops on screen and says what a

Now THAT is a little scary. But then, as long as he doesn't advertise
Pepsi...

> I must.

Jeff:

OK. You asked for it.

> You are wrong.  The generalization is too broad.  If you compare specific
> recordings that you choose, you might be able to make a case.  However, if
> you compare any of the Sun Elvis stuff with any jazzy Sinatra
> stuff...'Summer Wind' = 'Heartbreak Hotel'?  I don't think so!

Well, Elvis changed too. You can't take extreme examples and try to make a
point. However, try listening to some of Sinatra's Tommy Dorsey material and
comparing that to early Elvis. Or later to later. Oh, and by the way they
both did My Way. Both started as teen idols, both went to movies, both went
to Los Vegas.
BTW, Heartbreak Hotel wasn't Sun material.

  "Slightly more voters--in Florida as
      nationwide--preferred Gore to Bush."
     Chicago Tribune on the definitive recount

               Cheers                 ML