Re: Elvis and Frankie

> I was going to let the original comment above slide by, but I wanted you
> (Mark) to know that you are very correct in your reply.

Diane:

Hey, am I not always right?

(don't answer that, anyone)

> Their music was so different from the early rock n' roll of Elvis, The
> Coasters, as well as the crooners that were so popular with the younger
> folks (Sinatra). A lot of you complain of how "pop" and "simple" the songs
> sound, but for its day it was innovative and fresh.

Here is ground we don't share. At the risk of further annoying Stoo, I'd put
forth that the first time I heard pre-Army Elvis (which was after I'd heard
the early Beatles), I was amazed at how almost note-for-note the Beatles
were. This all changed by For Sale, but their early stuff...particularly the
Perkins, Berry, and Isley Brothers covers...shouldn't have distressed any of
the original bands' fans.
And to make the point stronger, there's only a hair's difference in Sinatra
and Elvis. Listen to Brian Setzer's big band stuff compared to his
Rockabily. Not too much musical difference, really.

  "Slightly more voters--in Florida as
      nationwide--preferred Gore to Bush."
     Chicago Tribune on the definitive recount

               Cheers                 ML