Re: Talmy and Palmer

> I hope they were joking.  If they were, no one seemed to get the humor.

Jeff:

The fact is that they're accepting Talmy's remix because that was one of his
conditions. Nothing whatsoever to do with Astley or fan complaints.

> and even Kit Lambert referring to them as a form of violence, I'm not sure
> if YOU are calling The Who incompetent by quoting I. Asimov here.  Shame
on
> you, you heretic!!!

Jim:

You got me. Damn, I try to be so careful not to contradict, and here on a
very basic level I stumble. There were few bands less violent than The Who.
So I guess Asimov was not a Who fan...

> I wasn't talking about groupies servicing ELP backstage Mark...

Actually, I didn't see any of that. Not servicing ELP, anyway.

> ever did", the question that begs to be asked is:  Why would Carl Palmer
> save his best "power" for the roadies backstage instead of the audience???

Because he was performing in a less-than-structured environment. And it's
not like he said "Gather up all the roadies so they can watch this." or
anything. It's like we're working over here, he comes to test the drums and
just goes nuts. Me, I make no great claims. I was an amp carrier who was
hoping to become a sound man then eventually a producer. At a later date, I
did become a sound man...but that's another story and another band.

> was one of the loudest bands I've seen and very powerful.  But still, not
in
> The Who's league.

But I'd say Palmer was the one drummer who came close to Moon, although via
a different route. Nobody's Moon. But Palmer would have been about 1000
times better than Jones. And he wouldn't be drunk when it came time to
perform, and he would have allowed Pete to take the band in new directions
(which he wanted to do, remember).

"Gore carried Florida by anywhere
       from 15,000 to 45,000 votes."
              Washington Post