TKAA to DVD

From: "Jeff House" <whocasa@hotmail.com>
Subject: Restoration of TKAA to DVD

Forward from the newsgroup...

From: Barry Ehrmann (ehrmann@acedsl.com)
Subject: Help with Kids are Alright reissue
Newsgroups: alt.music.who
View this article only
Date: 2001-12-01 13:07:21 PST

Folks,

I am involved in the potential re-release of 'The Kids are Alright' on
DVD.  I am working with Who management on trying to locate and release
the full film rather than the abbreviated version that appeared on the
VHS releases. I just don't remember the original movie, and my
colleagues and I are trying to piece this together.

Who fans:  I am very concerned about the above post and frankly feel the
need to question it's legitamacy.  Isn't the normal process when a movie
gets transferred to DVD is to use the original print?  If this is the
case, as it very darn well should be, why is this guy Barry asking Who
fans what is missing from the VHS copy?  If he is really involved in the
DVD wouldn't he have access to the original movie?  What is he planning
on doing, copy most of it from a VHS copy lying around and try to fill in
the gaps from other sources?  Is this a plot to rip off Who fans by
putting out a second rate DVD?  Who is this guy and what is his involvement?
  Or is it another chance to mis-lead Who fans Who have been mis-led before
by Amazon.com and others Who were taking orders for
TKAA DVD's that were never shipped?  And why is Barry's info so
questionable?  My VHS copy on Thorne-EMI video lists the running time
at 106 minutes (though I've never timed it).  If this guy were really
involved with putting out the DVD, wouldn't he be asking Jeff Stein?
Have a Who day-regards, Alan W. Jankowski