Restoration of TKAA to DVD

Forward from the newsgroup...

From: Barry Ehrmann (ehrmann@acedsl.com)
Subject: Help with Kids are Alright reissue
Newsgroups: alt.music.who
View this article only
Date: 2001-12-01 13:07:21 PST

Folks,

I am involved in the potential re-release of 'The Kids are Alright' on
DVD.  I am working with Who management on trying to locate and release
the full film rather than the abbreviated version that appeared on the
VHS releases. I just don't remember the original movie, and my
colleagues and I are trying to piece this together.

I would appreciate any thoughts on the differences between the original
movie and the VHS and previous DVD releases, including actual timings.
So far, this is what I know or what I have heard.  I would appreciate
clarification and any other thoughts or remembrances:

1.  Time chopped off of "A Quick One".  Some say 4 minutes of the
beginning were lost which included Keith Richard's introduction - but
others have said up to 8 minutes were chopped off.

2.  IMDB lists the movie at only 101 minutes and I the VHS version is 99
minutes - which doesn't make sense considering the various claims.

3.  A 2-minute interview with Townshend in which he describes how he
wrote a song (A Quick One?).

4.  A 1-minute montage of interview clips with all four band members
between the Monterey "My Generation" and "Won't Get Fooled Again".

5.  Rick Danko being on every credit I have seen - but nowhere to be
found on the VHS releases (unless it was another Rick Danko....)

I would appreciate any help, thoughts or insights!

Barry