sorry if i offended

but i have argued numerous times with more than one person about the who vs
the beatles.  For the last time- I like the Beatles and they WERE the
defining band of the 60s (undoubtedly, even though the Who had the defining
song of the 60s- My Generation), but i can't stand the attitude of many (not
all) Beatles fans who don't give proper respect and credit to the Who.  I
cringe every time I hear someone who insists that the Beatles were "way
before their time." UGH!!!  They were EXACTLY IN THEIR TIME- the 60s.  They
were the sound of the 60s and the most POPULAR band of all time.  The Who,
however, pioneered the sound of rock in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and today because
they continued to push the envelope and forge ahead despite the fact that
mainstream society wasn't ready to embrace them yet.  When the Beatles tried
to shake things up the mainstream still ate it up because though it
challenged lyrically it didn't depart from "Beatlishness" in sound.  I have
come to love the Who's music only in the last 5 years (due to Tommy being
produced at the High school i teach at), but i have been listening to them
through all the rock bands and artists my entire life.  I got the 30 yrs max r
&b recently and they r, no doubt, the greatest of all time- Beatles and all.
As i continue to learn- I come to worship their greatness more and more.

Kevin Mc