who vs beatles

<they are in my opinion the greatest HARD rock band ever. the beatles are the
<greatest ROCK band ever.  I rest my case.

ROCK is ROCK, and the Who is the greatest ROCK band of all time any way u
look at it.  The Beatles may have been more popular with their nice, easy
melodic sound (90% of their songs) and upbeat, dance tunes, but their worst
work was done when they tried to be strange and revolutionary.  Their essence
was never particularly dramatic aside from songs like yesterday and hey, jude
(which are awesome, admitedly), whereas the Who was all about being dramatic
and edgy.  Pete didn't need the Beach Boys and Dillon to inspire him to break
ground- he just did it time and time again.  To qualify the Who's greatness
by using the label HARD is a travesty.  Though on drugs their fair share, the
Who didn't need drugs to push the envelope- unlike many others in the 60s.
Oh, and how dare u desecrate the memory of keith moon by saying he followed
along with zeppelin, etc into the sex, drugs, and rock n roll scene of the
70s.  Anything Keith did was his own and wasn't following anyone.
Indisputable fact.