George's take on the Future of The Who

Thanks George.
Here's some possibly related trivia that backs up your conjecture.  The last
time Pete went this long without posting a diary entry was February.  Here's
the first entry after that break:
from http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/pr_display.cfm?id=190&zone=diary

"You thought I'd forgotten how to do this..... I haven't. I've just been
busy. In the news section you can read a ratty entry from me about various
news posted on another wesbite. I am beavering away in my studio. I took a
10 day break and now I'm back. I have now completed about 14 'free' piano
pieces and I'm moving on to another period of writing. I have come up with a
few lyrics that seem quite cool, but I am going to begin the next batch of
recording with a few new acoustic guitar pieces.

More soon

Pete"