RE: Analyze this!

> >He's better now than he was in the mid-seventies when he first started to
>learn how it was supposed to be done.  Up until then, I'd say he had no
>idea.
>
>Oh man.
>Yet Tommy, WN, and Quad are considered his greatest pieces.
>I'm simply not seeing eye-to-eye with you on this entire topic.
>Had to happen sooner or later.

But those three are genius, you see.  He didn't have to know how--he just
did it.

I read some article/interview where somebody or other said Entwistle was the
best friend Pete ever had.  When they were kids, Pete would come up with all
these crazy ideas, and people would say, "that's impossible" and Pete would
say, "oh" and give it up.  But then he found Entwistle, and Entwistle would
never say anything one way or the other.  When Pete came up with some crazy,
impossible idea, Entwistle would only nod and grunt.  And the next week Pete
would come back and he was doing it.

The moral of this story is, kids don't know when something is impossible.

>Well, without knowing exactly when "later" is, I can say I agree with you
>here.  You can definitely follow the progress of his guitar playing.

Beautiful effects last summer.  It's lost in the heavier songs and frenetic
soloing, but when there was a more leisure...wow.

>*Which is why* I can't agree with you at all regarding his lyric ability.
>To me, he was lyrically strong right out of the gate.

It was genius, though--not method.

>Stepping off his high horse after yesterday's rant.
>To Keets: Since some of my rant was regarding the topic that you happen to
>be involved in, I sincerely hope you didn't take offense.  I trust you know
>that was not my intent.  Simply OD'd on all the analyzation.

No problem.  <G>

keets