Re: the unknown element /Quad in NJ

--- Rich <legalize@xmission.com> wrote:

> I don't buy the "band beyond its peak" argument.
> They didn't look
> beyond their peak when I saw them play live in 2000.

I didn't mention "live performance" did I?
I stated as do others that The Who will not record
anything new such as studio material.

Believe me the 2000 tour was amazing, the band were
and still are a superb live act, the best in my
opinion. I have seen my fair share of live Who shows
over the years...

> Then there is the supposition that any record must
> -prove- something.

Didn't say that either..

> They are not some unknown act
> that noone has ever
> heard of needing to 'prove' that they can pull off
> an album, a concert
> or a tour.

Didn't say that either...

> I don't need them to prove anything to me, never
> did, never will.  All
> I ask is that they ignore everyone else's
> expectations and make art
> that -they- are proud of and are willing to share
> with me.

Then you totally missed what we said. They have
"been there and done that" why should they have to
record a new album when the groups prinicple song
writer is no longer interested in recording a new
album. Just to please the fans? he's heard that before
and been down that road many a time in the past, if
the artisitc side is not calling for anything "Who
like" then why should he even consider it.

Let's enjoy what they have given us over the years and
stop expecting something which just is
"not gonna happen".

D...

=====