RE: Why should he care?

>From: "Brian Cady" <cadyb@home.com>
>Subject: RE: the unknown element
>
>However, as you get older you do get an "I'm too old to put up with this
>crap" attitude.
><snip>
>You can see a lot of that in Pete now. What are his big personal bothers?
>I'd say #1 - the threat of physical pain (in his ears), #2 - travel, #3 -
>un- or under appreciated work, #4 - fighting The Who/the fans for his
>personal vision. Well he's made a recent try at overcoming 1 & 2 and it
>worked out well. Maybe he'll try 3 & 4 next. I wish him well.

Now, we're getting somewhere.
Has Pete ever commented on his personal view and feelings of IH and FD???
I'd bet money he has great pride in these works, yet everyone and their
crack-head-bob-grandmothers like to take shots at them.  They suck.  They
this.  They that.
The times changed, and so did the music.  I personally like both albums.
Are they different?  Well, hell yes!  So, efing what?  Why must Pete do what
*we* want?  Why must new Who be up to *our* standard.  Maybe Pete has a
*new* standard in mind that will change all or our *existing* standards.
I tell you, I get reaaaaaaal uncomfortable reading post after post titled
"has Pete lost it?".  If I were Pete, I'd be flippin' the whole lot of us
one big monstrous BIRD!
This lyric is sub-standard.  That lyric is only par.  That song just sucks.
Please!
Any new album, music, etc. has already been picked apart, and we haven't
even heard the damn thing yet.  Hell, it doesn't even exist yet!
Begs the question, why *should* he care?  Why should he bother?
Has Pete lost it?  What is *IT*??????  The stuff that *YOU* (everyone)
like????  Doesn't that change from person to person????  Isn't it all
subjective???
Can you really lose the ability to create art??

Let it be, and maybe he'll care and bother.

Kevin in VT