RE: Who Needs This?

> I apologize:  that review of IT'S HARD I reprinted was from CREEM
> magazine,
> not Trouser Press.
>
> - SCHRADE in Akron

Thanks for sharing Schrade and I agree with you 100% on this one. Pete,
right before IT'S HARD came out said he was trying to write songs that fit
the band better. The reason? The, to quote Pete, "painful" rejection of his
material for FACE DANCES. Now imagine how he felt after not only idiotic
reviews like this one but Roger reportedly getting in his face and telling
him his songs for IT'S HARD were "s***." Stronger men than him would have
said "F*** it!" to writing more Who songs. If he ever writes for The Who
again after that I'd call him brave.

I wonder what CREEM thought of the album I was listening to this morning,
SANDINISTA! by The Clash. It forty times more preachy and serious than IT'S
HARD. Why do I suspect it didn't inspire such vitriol from CREEM?

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm
        (and no pop-ups!)