Re: new Who?

>>P.S.  Roger nailed one last fall.  Everybody can feel that
challenge at the end of "Crossroads Now."  Whatever else he says isn't
terribly important, because those two lines will carry the whole song.

>Lord, I hope they don't feel the same way, or they're doomed.

Back to the subject of archetypes...

Pete and Roger seem to be opposites as far as personality goes, and maybe in
the way their minds work, too, but interestingly, Roger seems to have
something of the same verbal ability that Pete has.  When you look back at
their earliest songs, Pete did much better at the music, but the
double-edged quality of their lyrics was very similar.  Pete was pushed to
develop his talents and the rest is history, but I don't think fans should
discount Roger as a songwriter.

Now that we've been through a couple of Pete's best songs and had a look at
the construction, then it might be worthwhile to have a look at Roger's
material again.  If you've got the right two lines, it will carry the song.

keets