Re: Has Pete lost it?

>Anywho, I think that Pete has plenty of lyrics lying around.  I seem to
>remember one of his diary entries from last year mentioning an inventory of
>"brilliant" poetry.

I wish he'd publish some poetry books.  Think what he might have squirreled
away in his closet.

>You know I agree with you on your love of the 2000 TKAA2K and
Crossroads jams.  TKAA2K is lyrically well-developed, while Crossroads is
musically well-developed.  The inverse is true as well:  TKAA2K in musically
under-developed and Crossroads is lyrically under-developed.  They also
suggest the themes that are likely to occupy any new Who work.

Since you've read the rest of the discussion by now, I guess you've got my
views on the lyrics.  I don't know that TKAA2K is quite lyrically
well-developed as yet, but that mp3 that Pete put up was the real thing.  It
was channeled archetype and it hit a lot of people where it hurt.  He did it
(as he always does his best work) on the fly, so he didn't have any music to
go with it except the improv that was going on at the time.

As for the Manchester "Crossroads Now," I'm sure that wasn't a jam.  You
could hear snippets of it developing in earlier shows, but they'd rehearsed
that one.  It really is great to have been to more than one show last
summer, and to have some mp3s and tapes and whatnot to follow the
development.  It's maybe something that fans wouldn't have been able to do
in years past.

keets