Re: Has Pete lost it?

>No way.  I'm sure Pete puts a lot of time & effort into his lyrics.  He's
>an outstanding lyricist.

Nah.  Just average.  ;)

He's great at the channeling, though.

>I'll agree he began a new approach to lyrics in the mid-seventies but to
>insinuate that that's when he "learned" to write good lyrics

That's when he started trying to learn.  I'm not sure he's been terribly
successful at it.  You see some writers' songs that are obviously
constructed and completely breathtaking, but I've not come upon one of Pete
"written" songs that really takes me that way.  If he doesn't feel it, he
can't do it.

>Wait....is this keets or LB?  Doctor
>Jimmy & Mr. Gin.  They *are* different, ya know.)

Heheh.  That's funny, but you're right.  ;)

>Anyway, so you're saying the lyrics to "Tattoo" suck.  Right?  Pre-mid
>70's. Before Pete "learned" to write.  Hmmmm....interesting.  "Our Love
>Was?" Bad lyrics there, too?  "Sunrise," which y'all love so much?  Lame
>lyrics? TOMMY?  You think TOMMY has shite lyrics?

Mostly the old ones are good, though Pete didn't quite hit his stride for a
while.  TOMMY is all channeled.  Great stuff.

>C'mon, you're just winding us up, right?

Yup.

>My turn to pour.

;)

keets