Re: Has Pete lost it?

Scott Schrade wrote:

>  No way.  I'm sure Pete puts a lot of time & effort into his lyrics.  He's
> an outstanding lyricist.  You've been listening to too much Aerosmith.

Pete is one of Rock's greatest lyricists, unquestionably.

> I'll agree he began a new approach to lyrics in the mid-seventies but to insinuate
> that that's when he "learned" to write good lyrics makes me want to share some
> of that wine with you (Flirting?  Maybe.  Wait....is this keets or LB?  Doctor
> Jimmy & Mr. Gin.  They *are* different, ya know.)

The 70's became the decade of the LP album, more so
that the film, or literature, and is considered so by critics
and fans alike, in retrospect.

It was also the decade of the decline of the "single", or 45 rpm,
that once was the mainstay of POP culture...

The LP reigned supreme in the decade of decadence.

"Quadrophenia/ByNumbers/Who->Are You?."

> Anyway, so you're saying the lyrics to "Tattoo" suck.  Right?  Pre-mid 70's.
> Before Pete "learned" to write.  Hmmmm....interesting.  "Our Love Was?"
> Bad lyrics there, too?  "Sunrise," which y'all love so much?  Lame lyrics?
> TOMMY?  You think TOMMY has shite lyrics?

There is nothing lame about *anything" Townshend has
ever written.

TheSlipKid~