RE: Has Pete lost it?

>Because Pete's big talent is that channeling thing that he does.  I'll
agree that Pete may have spent a lot of time on the MUSIC for those old
hits--there was a lot of experimentation involved

Do some fans actually think that Pete has a "writer's block" as far as
music goes?  Have his musical compositions changed radically?

There actually seems to be some question of how talented Pete is as a
composer.  The music on those old hits is outrageous, and the newer
jazzy, textured material he's produced in recent years is very good,
too.  Certainly he's always been very interested in experimenting, and
he always seems to have a finger on the currency of musical styles.
But, we've just heard the comments that Pete isn't the best interpreter
of his own material, and that there are what?--abrupt changes in tempo?
 Once he starts translating to different mediums, I might add dynamics,
as well.  Also, the music on some of his songs seems underdeveloped,
for example on IT'S HARD (not the only example, BTW).

I've heard some comments to the effect that John is actually the better
composer as far as the music goes.  Interestingly, the comments ran
similar to Sean's--that Pete's musical compositions tend to be thin,
while John's are richer and more textured.  If that's the case, then
Who music has the benefit of John's talent, and so might be better than
music that Pete produces working alone.  Along this line, I'd have to
add Roger's input, too, as he seems to drive the interpretations on
stage.

LB

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/