Re: Has Pete lost it?

> << So this is pretty much a total loss.  I've got a farmer and a
> woman, and they're going on a journey south through a land of wasted
>  teenagers.  Yeah, right.  Great song.
>
> Maybe I'm not the typical fan here, because I tend to like a lot of
> progressive rock.  One of the stereotypes of prog is that the lyrics
> don't make any sense, and a lot of time lack narrative.  I used to
joke with friends that Yes songs make sense for two lines, and then
start over.

I think The Who is progressive, among many other things, as well (of
course).  It's the "other things" that confuse the prog fans.

> I love BO'R and the lyrics don't have to be narrative....they sound
> good with the music.  I'll bet many listers here will say they get
chills when Pete sings the "Teenage wasteland" bridge, and for that
moment it is perfect.  Who cares if it connects to the first part of
the song?

Not many people, apparently.  But I'm having a look at lyrics and
writer's block here.  Why exactly are these such great lyrics, and why
does Pete feel he can't write like this any more?

LB

=====
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/