RE: Rockin' with old folks

From: "O'Neal, Kevin W." <Kevin.ONeal@vtmednet.org>
"...Where the boomers failed, is that they didn't then come back to heal
things.  But, I guess that's done locally (in your own family).  Or, maybe
that's a job for The Who."

Normally, I find this kind of socio-cultural-anthropological generalization
to be too bullshitty for my taste.  I think you are right on the money in
this case, Kevin.

I think we've seen some boomer reconciliation with their elders in some of
the recent spate of WWII "Greatest Generation" books and movies.

They have yet to deal with their own demise/mortality and their inevitable
dependence on the younger generation that they produced.  Weakness and
interdependence are very difficult subjects to tackle in rock and roll, the
music is blustery and strong.  This is some ripe material for The Who to
delve into.

Jeff