RE: New Who?

> I don't know that it was necessarily the songs that went wrong.
> FACE DANCES
> was a pop experiment, and IT'S HARD doesn't sound finished to me.  That
> would be in the production.

I'd agree but that's not what Pete hears from most people. "Why did he save
his best songs for his solo albums?" "Well, Pete must have been really
stoned to come up with crap like FACE DANCES." "By the time of IT'S HARD, it
was apparent that Pete didn't care what he wrote for The Who." And on and
on.

For the record, Pete has said many times that he worked as hard on the songs
for FACE DANCES and IT'S HARD as he did for any other Who album. In fact,
with IT'S HARD it seems he was sweating bullets trying to come up more
appropriate material for the band than FACE DANCES. The result was Roger
getting in his face and calling his songs "s***." That Pete has never
written for The Who again explains itself. No wonder he's nervous!

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm
        (and no pop-ups!)