RE: New Who?

> >"He's worried about it," said Daltrey. "I keep saying to him, Pete,
> stop trying to write Who songs. Just write songs.' That's all he
> used to do
> in the past. When The Who played them, they became Who songs. . . .
>
> Anybody else notice this in Roger's interview?  I think he's right.  Who
> material always sounds different when someone else plays it--and some
> interpretations are pretty feeble.  Turn John loose on the bass
> and Rabbit
> on the keyboards and Roger on the lyrics, and now Zak on the
> drums, and it's
> out of Pete's control.
>
> keets

I can just hear Pete's response: "Yeah, like those songs I worked so hard on
for FACE DANCES and IT'S HARD? Like those songs? When you got in my face and
screamed at me that my songs were s***? Yeah, I'm really looking forward to
having that happen again!"

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm