Some replies to the "Unplug" article at The Guardian

They have a chat room set up to discuss the "Unplug the Oldies" article at
The Guardian at:
http://www.talk.guardian.co.uk/WebX?14@188.sFyEemhYHXI^0@.ee879c5/0

MotownJunk - 10:17am Aug 13, 2001 BST (#11 of 30)  | Reply
So whatever happened to "I hope I die before I get old?"

infodogg - 10:24am Aug 13, 2001 BST (#13 of 30)  | Reply
Caught a snippet of The Who doing a concert the other night on MTV. They
were doing some old hit (I can't remember which) and some young guitarrist
had been roped in to sing the lead vocal. He looked and sounded really
slick. The Who looked and sounded like what they were - old men bumbling
about the stage. When Pete Townsend started to "slash" his guitar
windmill-style, I cringed so much I had to turn it off.
It looked exactly like that film "Still Crazy" (spoof band revival movie).

Shadrack22 - 10:26am Aug 13, 2001 BST (#14 of 30)  | Reply
This is rather a shame as Townshend had an alternative career at Faber and
Faber so shouldn't have to bother with this pantomime. His book of short
stories, Horse's Neck, was apparently very good.

timbo121 - 10:41am Aug 13, 2001 BST (#15 of 30)  | Reply
I'm just constantly amazed that people will pay good money to see them. That
said and done Neil Young (mid fiftiesis playing the best music of his
career. I'd pay to see U2 too.

infodogg - 02:34pm Aug 13, 2001 BST (#19 of 30)  | Reply
Yabby - That was indeed the one. Kelly Jones doing "Substitute" with The Who
backing him. Embarrassing.

SohCahToa - 08:24pm Aug 14, 2001 BST (#63 of 66)  | Reply
Talking about aged rockers did anyone else see the band photo on the back of
the NME advertising The Story of The Stranglers that was aired on Saturday
on Radio 2 (you know Mum and dad's favourite station) no less I tell you
Pete Townsend wouldn't look out of place in that line up!
Whatever happened to all the heroes, eh?

        -Brian in Atlanta
         The Who This Month!
        http://members.home.net/cadyb/who.htm