Re: Unplug the oldies - for good

The question that John Strausbaugh fails to ask or answer is:  Why is rock
intrinsically youthful?

Is it about youth because that is the time the we first heard it?  This is
guilt by association.  Youth does not define rock.  Sounds define rock, not
themes.

Can you define what any other genre of music is 'about'?  What is jazz
about?  What is chamber music about?

The problem Strausbaugh defines is the limitations of his own mind, not the
limitations of rock.   Fortunately for us, he is not a composer/musician who
has a gift to share.  He is a closed-minded critic, a person we can ignore.
I hope Pete, Mick, Eddie, Van, Bob, Paul, Prince, Neil, Buddy, et al
continue to ignore this type of thinking.

Jeff