Re: [TheWhoMaximumRnB] Re: TheWho-> Live-> 2000->

> > But I'm not going to say anything against it.  It was a terrific display
>of John's technique--a rare, unprecedented opportunity for John fans to see
>him work solo.  And when I was there, it was the most exciting moment of
>the show.

>I thought it was the low point of the shows.
>
>Each to their own sewage!  ;-)

Okay, I'll go into this a little more.  The article I recently posted
certainly made a great subject dull, but it did make some interesting
comments on the response of fans at the concerts, i.e. that some danced with
abandon while others listened analytically.

Response to music is a pretty subtle thing, and something that even the
listener can't pin down.  Pete (and a lot of fans, too) have pointed out
that there is a gender split regarding The Who's music.  The article insists
that it's an individual response, and maybe that's why you think this was
sewage.

I tend to be a sensualist as far as music goes, and I know all about the
abandon mode.  But for some reason, The Who's music doesn't do that for me.
It's absorbing, but it's intellectual.  John and his little bass solo were
something else, though.  It was great to watch on the screens from seats a
little further back, but up close it WAS thunder.

Maybe you need to be a little closer to the stage.  ;)

keets