Re: JE video list?

>With two exceptions, this list excludes TV studio
>appearances and live performances.

Ah, someone with opinions checks in.  :)

Wow, there are a ton of these.  I gather you're listing them off TKAA, WHITE
CITY, CHINESE EYES, 30 YEARS, and RIDE A ROCK HORSE?  Have you got copies of
all of them?  Could you list the sources?

>Promos/Videos
>
>The Who
>
>I Can' Explain
>Substitute (2 versions)
>The Kids Are Alright
>Happy Jack
>Call Me Lightning
>Anyway,Anyhow,Anywhere (1988)
>The Seeker (2 versions)
>Going Mobile (1984)
>Join Together
>Who Are You
>You Better You Bet
>Don't Let Go The Coat
>Another Tricky Day
>Eminence Front
>Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting
>
>Roger
>
>Get Your Love
>Near To Surrender
>Walking The Dog
>You and Me (finale)
>Milk Train
>Hearts Right
>Oceans Away
>Proud
>One Of The Boys
>Say It Ain't So (w/Moon + The Ox)
>Free Me
>Don't Wait On The Stairs
>Walking In My Sleep
>After The Fire
>Let Me Down Easy
>Quicksilver Lightning (2 versions)
>
>John
>
>Too Late The Hero
>Van-Pires (?)

Was there a video?  The show was animated, and I don't recall hearing about
a promo.

>Pete
>
>Parvardigar
>Rough Boys
>Keep On Working
>Let My Love Open The Door
>I Am An Animal
>A Little Is Enough
>Prelude (2 versions)

Love to see these 2 above.  Do you have copies, by any chance?

>Face Dances Part 2
>Communication
>Stardom In Acton
>Exquisitely Bored
>Slit Skirts
>Uniforms
>Nightshool
>Secondhand Love (alternate cut of music film)
>Face The Face (alternate cut of music film)
>Give Blood (alternate cut of concert video)
>A Friend Is A Friend
>English Boy

> >The Who:
> >Magic Bus (Beat Club)
> >Sister Disco (from Kampuchea)
> >Athena
>
>The first two cannot truly be considered videos or
>promo films and should be excluded.

I sort of agree with the opinion that once they've been cut out and shown as
music videos, then they become music videos.

>Can anyone prove that there is a video for "Athena"?
>I am very skeptical about this one, as it's existence
>seems to be only in idle banter here on this list.
>One frequent poster claimed they had it *somewhere*
>but never actually dug it out and confirmed it. Until
>there is some evidence, I would strongly hesitiate
>adding "Athena" to the list.

Kathy agreed with that one.  I figured two votes would be enough to list it,
but maybe it should have a question mark after it.

> >Roger:
> >Emotion (with Barbara Streisand and Mikail Baryshnikov)
> >Rock And Roll
> >Take Me Home
> >The One and Only (with Chesney Hawkes)
>
>"Emotion" is not a Roger video. He doesn't even sing in it.
>The others I am not familiar with. Could someone describe
>them, please? (Kathy)?

Okay, we could list him as a "guest appearance."  Same with the Chesney
Hawkes video.

> >John:
> >Peg Leg Peggy
> >My Wife
>
>These are from an appearance on Old Grey Whistle Test
>and are not videos.

Opinion from somebody else?  Show of hands?

keets